Sunday, July 29, 2012

No-Bake Energy Balls


 Here is another idea I like to pack in the kids lunch boxes. These are easy and healthy! I found the recipe from smashed peas and carrots blog. These are fast and filling snacks. I have had to find hiding spots in the fridge so they last longer.

In a bowl throw everything in and mix thouroghly:

1 cup oatmeal
1/2 cup peanut butter (or other nut butter)
1/3 cup honey
1 cup coconut flakes
1/2 cup ground flaxseed (mine said milled flaxseed)
1/2 cup chocolate chips (I did 1/4 choc chip, 1/4 raisin)
1 tsp vanilla


* UPDATE - I added 1/2 cup chex and 2 T nutella and loved it! Now I'm going to try rice crispies.

 
Place in fridge for 30 minutes and then shape balls. Store in airtight container in fridge for up to a week.  

No comments:

Post a Comment