Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Fudgy Brownie Cake

I don't know what to call this delicious dessert. This is what I call it. It is a marriage between brownies and cake. Yumm!

I have always cooked it in my 9 inch cast iron. I bet you could bake it in a 9x9 glass dish or pie plate or springform.

mix with a fork:


1 package chocolate cake mix
1/2 cup oil

Reserve 1 cup of this crumbly mixture.

Add to the rest of the crumbly mixture:

2 eggs
1 cup applesauce

Pour the batter into your baking dish.

On the stove top or in the microwave mix together and slowly melt:


1/3 cup evaporated milk
1 cup chocolate chips

The chocolate chips don't have to be completely melted. Spoon this melted mixture over the cake.

Take the 1 cup of reserved crumbs and add 1/2 cup walnuts. Sprinkle over the cake.

Bake at 350 for 45-50 minutes.

1 comment: