Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Twice Baked Potatoes

I got a new serving platter and wanted to try something pretty on it. I also have a few potatoes left in our cold room. Twice baked potatoes it is!


Bake 5-6 potatoes.

Everyone does this differently.  I like to poke the potato with a fork and bake at 400 for an hour.

While the potatoes are cooking mix:

1 cup sour cream
4 T butter
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1 cup cheese
8 green onion, chopped

Then remove potatoes and slice in half. Scoop out the insides, leaving about 1/4 inch around the peel to keep its shape.

Mix the potato insides with the sour cream mixture. Add:

1/2 cup milk

Top with:

cooked bacon bits

Spoon the filling back into the potatoes and place on a baking sheet. Place baking sheet back into oven for 10-15 minutes.

note: I like to cook my bacon in the oven. 400 degrees for 15 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment