Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Asian Toasted Sesame

This meal is a favorite of mine to cook because it is so easy and versatile! I use whatever veggie I have on hand. I have used broccoli, carrots, red peppers, sugar snap peas, frozen oriental mix, and the list goes on and on. This time around I used fresh green beans, a green pepper, and Jicima. I learned that I LOVE Jicima. It tasted a lot like water chestnuts. Same texture!

Boil spaghetti according to directions. Enough that if you take your thumb and pointer finger and make a circle.

While the spaghetti is cooking, heat 2 T vegetable oil. Saute for 5-7 minutes:


2 fist fulls of green beans
1/2 cup Jicama
1 green bell pepper
(or whatever vegie you have on hand)

Then add to your vegies:

1/2 cup chicken broth
1/2 cup Kraft Asian Toasted Sesame salad dressing
1/2 cup sliced Almonds

Serve over hot spaghetti

No comments:

Post a Comment