Saturday, May 12, 2012

Key Lime Cake Bites

Since I have been getting Bountiful Baskets I have been cooking like a mad woman. I don't think I can keep up. I decided to try these Key Lime Bites that have been making their rounds on Pinterest. The first batch I dipped in white chocolate. The second batch I frosted in left over Lime Frosting. Bother were good.

Step one: Bake the cake

Mix the following:


1 yellow cake mix
1/2 T lime zest
1/3 cup lime juice
3/4 cup half and half
2 eggs

grease 9x13 and bake at 350 for 28-32 minutes. Cut cake and dump in big mixing bowl. Let cool

Step two: Make lime frosting

Mix:


1 stick butter, room temp
3, 3/4 cup powdered sugar, sifted
4 T milk
2 tsp lime juice
2 T lime zest

Step three:

Mix cake, 1/4 cup frosting, 2 T lime zest, and 1/2 cup sweet and condensed milk

Form cake balls and refridgerate for a couple hours in air-tight container.

Dip in melted chocolate or melted frosting. Let cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment