Saturday, September 19, 2009

Chicken Enchiladas



Fall is here and I have less natural light flowing into my kitchen. I'm afraid my pictures are getting a bit darker. If only I had a professional camera...'sigh'...oh well. We will manage!

Ok, here is a great recipe for fall. I like to be real organized with this recipe so it runs like an assembly line. Have all your cheese grated, chicken cooked and cut up, sour cream measured and ready to go and lots of room to work with.

Butter 10 tortillas with refried beans.
Dip each buttered tortilla into a pie dish filled with a large can of enchilada sauce.
Fill the wet tortilla with a hand full of cooked shredded chicken and cheddar cheese.
Roll up the tortilla and place seem side down into greased 9x13 pan.

When you are done assembling your tortillas you will have leftover sauce in your pie dish. whisk 1/2 cup sour cream into the pie dish with the sauce. Then drizzle this over the enchiladas. Top with cheddar cheese.

Cover with foil and bake at 400 for 25 minutes. Remove the tin foil and cook for another 5 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment