Saturday, September 19, 2009

Cinnamon Raisin Bread

In your mixer or stainless steal bowl dump the following ingredients in order:

4 TB SAF instant yeast (Macy's and Bosche stores carry this)
2 cups hot water (think steamy bath!)
6 TB sugar
2 TB salt
1 cup oil

2 cups wheat flour
1 cup oat flour
7 cups white flour
2 TB vital wheat gluten (can be found at Walmart by the baking powder

Now mix by hand for 15 minutes or turn on your mixer on low for 10 minutes

Now let the dough rise in the bowl for 60 minutes. Punch it down every 10 minutes. I like to set my timer so I don't forget. ;)

Divide into 4 pieces. Roll each piece out in a 7x12 inch rectangle. Butter with 1 T butter. Sprinkle 1/4 cup brown sugar and 1/4 cup raisins.


Now fold the outer edges in 2 inches, long ways.


Now roll up the rectangle like a sleeping bag.


When you get to the end pull the edge up and pinch to seal.




Lie the loaf in your greased pan. Let rise for 30 minutes. Then bake at 375 for 30 minutes. Let cool for at least 1 hour.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Ruby!
    Some of your recipes look absolutley delicious!!!!! I also checked out the Franke blog. You have a great family!
    I also came by because I got the follow up email from Organizing Everyday, then when I looked further their had also been a comment on one of my blogs from you. Thank you for calling by.
    Ruby in Australia!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just found a new favorite recipe site! I can't wait to try your recipes. Thanks for the visual tutorials. I need photographs!

    ReplyDelete