Sunday, September 27, 2009

Chicken Pot Pie

Chicken pot pie is a great fall meal. It will use up your wonderful garden carrots!


Dump into a greased 9x13:

4 cups shredded cooked chicken (or left over turkey)
1 cup peas frozen
2 potatoes, cooked and diced
3 carrots, cooked and diced

Now for the Sauce!

Saute in a large pot:

4 T butter
1 small onion


After about 4 minutes whisk in quickly:

1/2 cup flour
4 cups chicken stock


Whisk this until hot, bubbly and thick.

Take sauce off stove and add:

1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper


Now poor sauce over your vegies in the 9x13 pan.


For the biscuit topping

mix in a bowl:

2 cups flour
2 T sugar
1 T baking powder
1 tsp salt

cut into the flour mixture:

6 T shortening

Now add and mix quickly:

1 cup milk

Spoon biscuit batter over your soup mixture. Bake at 400 for 25 minutes

2 comments:

  1. Ruby I made this last night and it turned out so yummy. Really simple and I even used my grandma's carrots and onions from her garden. I also didn't want to cook the chicken because I was being lazy so I used canned chicken and I think that it turned out just fine. Matt really liked it. Perfect for a fall dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kristin told me I had to make this because it was so yummy. So I tried it last night and LOVED IT! I had made a chicken pot pie before and it didn't turn out real great so I was a little skeptical. But this was amazing. Devin even said he would take it for lunch the next day. That is the ultimate test if a recipe is good or not. So way to go Ruby! It was fabulous. :)

    ReplyDelete