Friday, September 11, 2009

Freezing Peppers

These peppers from Dad's garden are beautiful! I helped Dad freeze peppers this year. I'm using the term "helped" very loosely!!

Here's what you do.

First - Slice your peppers
Second - Place your pepper strips into rapidly boiling water for 30 seconds.
Third - Remove peppers from boiling water and place directly into ice water (just fill the sink or a big bowl with ice and water)
Fourth - Dry the peppers on towels. Let them air dry for about 30 minutes
Fifth - Place pepper strips onto cookie sheets and place into freezer for an hour
Sixth- Fill up a Ziploc freezer bag with frozen pepper strips. Seal and label.


You can enjoy your homegrown peppers all year round. Pull out a few for Philly cheese steak sandwitches or a big pot of chili!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Ruby, nice pics - I feel bad I didn't even send you home w/ any peppers. Next time you visit take some w/ you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So much fun!! I am going to have to freeze my peppers too!!! I am glad that you posted this!

    ReplyDelete