Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Hot Potato Salad with Bacon


Potato salad is something nobody can agree on. Some like mustard. Some like goopy, some don't. I don't like the salads that are so goopy you can't see what it is your eating. I "made up" this recipe. In my experiment I found that the salad is best eaten hot. You can, however, serve this cold the next day!

Boil for 12 minutes:

10 red potatoes, cut up

cut up into small pieces and cook:

5 strips of bacon

after you have removed bacon onto paper towels cook the following in the bacon grease for 5 minutes:

3 celery sticks, cut up
1/2 cup red onion, cut up

for the dressing mix the following:

1/4 cup olive oil
2 TBL mayo (not miracle whip)
2 TBL red wine vinegar
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp dry dill weed

Toss all very gently. Serve on a bed of lettuce.

Tip: If you serve this cold, don't add the bacon. The bacon seems to get soggy. I added bacon bits right before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment