Thursday, August 20, 2009

Chocolate Chip Cookie


This is the cookie of my childhood. Mother made these cookies whenever we had a hankerin' for something sweet! This was also the recipe I grew up practicing. I never could quite get it right. Dad would taste test and report, "It's better when your mother makes it."...hmm...could this be my hidden motivation behind finding and testing the best recipes?

Cream for 1 minute:

1 cup *shortening
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar

now add and mix:

2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla or almond extract

now add and mix:

1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
2, 1/4 cup flour

now add:

chocolate chips. We add a LOT

Bake at 375 for 8-10 minutes

*I have substituted 1 cup pureed white beans for shortening and have been super pleased with the results. No one could tell!

1 comment:

  1. once you get a good chocolate chip cookie recipe, you hold it for life. I have one that won me first place in Italy. Okay, that isn't saying much since they don't have that sweet of desserts there, but still they're the bomb ;)

    ReplyDelete