Sunday, August 9, 2009

Creamy Chicken and Potato Soup



We have had upset stomachs this weekend. I whipped up this recipe for dinner using what I had in the pantry and freezer. It really hit the spot and settled the tummy ;)

In a large pot bring to a boil:

5 cups chicken broth (or water with chicken bouillon)

Once the water is boiling throw in:

2 chicken breasts, cooked and cut up (I keep cooked shredded chicken in the freezer in zip lock baggies)

While the chicken is simmering (mine were frozen) cut up the following:

3 potatoes (I used russet. I never peel my potatoes. Just clean 'em and cut 'em)

Throw the potatoes into the chicken and water. Simmer for 10 minutes

While the potatoes are cooking saute the following:

1/2 cup onion
2 T butter

After potatoes have cooked for 10 minutes throw in the cooked onions along with:

1 cup frozen mixed veggie
1/2 cup cream
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper

Let simmer on low for 2 minutes. Serve!

No comments:

Post a Comment