Saturday, July 11, 2009

Bread Sticks

I use the same recipe for my bread sticks as I do for my rolls.

In a Pyrex glass mix in this order:

2 T SAF yeast
2 T sugar
1 cup warm water

In your mixer or large stainless steal bowl dump:

10 cups white flour (2 cups of this can be wheat)
1/2 cup sugar
1 T salt
Pyrex yeast mixture (should be doubled in size)
3 cups warm water
1/2 cup oil

mix on low for 2 minutes. If mixing by hand mix for about 5-7 minutes.

Let rise one hour in the bowl. No need to dirty the counter or another bowl.

Form bread sticks. This will make 2 loaves of bread and one large batch of bread sticks. Or 2 larges batches of bread sticks...or even 2 large batches of rolls. Be sure and grease your pans with shortening or use spray.

Let the formed dough rise for about 30 minutes. It depends on how cold or warm your house is. I like my bread sticks to rise into each other. Then brush your bread sticks with melted butter and sprinkle with garlic salt.

Bake at 375 for 20 minutes for rolls and bread sticks. Bread bakes for 30 minutes.

2 comments:

  1. what do you do with the extra bread sticks. I can't imagine your family eats those all AND dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ruby! I made these breadsticks last night and they were delicious! I also love that it makes really yummy bread. Thanks for a great recipe!

    ReplyDelete