Friday, July 3, 2009

Loaded Carrot Cake


I have been looking for years for just the right carrot cake recipe. I have probably tried at least 12. My sister in law, Emily, gave me this great recipe. I love it! I call it Loaded Carrot Cake because it is just loaded with good stuff. By the way if you don't like all the additional items then just don't add them.

mix the following:

3 eggs
3/4 cup buttermilk
3/4 cup oil
1, 1/2 cup sugar
2 t vanilla

then add the following:

2 t cinnamon
1/8 t nutmeg
1/4 t salt
2 cups flour (I would not recommend using wheat in this. Too heavy)
2 t baking soda

then add the following:

2 1/2 cup shredded carrots
1 cup coconut
1 cup chopped walnuts
8 oz crush pineapple with juice
1 cup raisins ( I used craisins! Yum)

bake at 350 in a greased and floured pan for 45 minutes.

Cream Cheese Frosting

cream:
8 oz cream cheese
1/2 cup butter

add:

1 tsp orange extract
2 cups powder sugar

No comments:

Post a Comment