Friday, July 3, 2009

Cupcakes


I talked to my sister-in-law, Emily, about cupcakes today. I got off the phone and NEEDED a white cupcake with pink frosting. I have never made cupcakes before so I set out to find a great cupcake recipe from scratch. They turned out great!

beat for 30 seconds:

2/3 cup butter (I don't believe in margarine)
then add the following and mix for 2 minutes:
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
1,3/4 c sugar
Then add the eggs one at a time. Beat one minute after each

2 eggs

then add alternately the milk with the flour mixture

1, 1/4 c milk ( I used 1, 1/4 c water and 4 T powder milk)

flour mixture:

2 1/2 c flour
1/2 tsp salt
2, 1/2 tsp baking powder

bake at 375 for 20 minutes.

Frost with butter frosting

1/3 c buttersplash of milk (I used orange juice)
1 tsp vanilla (I used orange concentrate)
4 cups powder sugar

No comments:

Post a Comment