Thursday, July 16, 2009

Pico de gallo



This is a wonderful summer meal! It also qualifies as a vegetarian dish. I was plenty satisfied after eating.

In a bowl combine:

3 large tomatoes, chopped fine
1/2 red onion, chopped fine
1/3 cup frozen corn
1/4 cup black beans
3 T chopped cilantro
I would have added green peppers if I had some ripe ones.

In a Pyrex combine:

1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
juice from 4 limes (microwave for 30 seconds. Cut in half. Squeeze)
scant tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper

pour dressing over vegies. Refrigerate for several hours. I made mine in the morning and served it for dinner. Serve with cheesy quesadillas!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Ruby! This looks so good, I have wanted a pico de gallo recipe for quite some time!!! I am excited to make it with quesidillas!!! Also I have wanted to make a food blog for quite sometime and finally did it this morning, the address is achickandaspoon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete